Thursday, August 26, 2010

SimplySiti & Me

I do not consider myself one of the fanatic fans of Siti Nurhaliza Taruddin but I do love her exemplary vocal and songs. It all started when I was working in KUB in the same department (LSD) as her lyricst, Hani MJ. At that time, she was not that popular and Hani has been writing lyrics for her songs composed by Adnan Abu Hassan. It was only when her song "Jerat Percintaan" (written by Hani MJ) won Anugerah Juara Lagu 1996, I suddenly became one of her loyal fans! Since then, we, being her colleagues always gave ideas to Hani on the song title or the lyrics. Hani wrote quite a few songs for her earlier albums such as Mahligai Asrama, Antara Waktu dan Usia, Sempadan, Jalanan Berduri, Wajah Kekasih, Rindu Antara Kita, Kedamaian and Salju Kasihnya. Hani MJ just added me as a friend in FB, what a coincidence! After all these years and when I was thinking about her, she found me.

Hani MJ and me at LSD in 1997
I went to see her concert for the Secretaries Week in 2004 at PWTC with my staff at KUB, Azilah, Sue and Is. At that time, she invited Fazley and Saiful Apek and the concert was really worth the money paid. Couldn't remember how much the ticket was but I think it was more than RM200. We had a great time and after the concert, we waited in a long queue to take photograph with her and got her autograph.

This ticket was kept by Is till today






I remembered attending a Mother's Day performance "Kasih Ibu Sepanjang Usia" at Dewan Perdana Felda just to watch Siti and Jamal in May 2004. Their performance were awesome and I remembered Siti sheding her tears when she sang Air Mata Ibu. She later duet with her mum, Bisikan Hati a song by Datin Rafeah Buang. Rosmah was there too and we had no choice but to listen to her singing My Way.

The last I saw her was way back in 2005 when KUB organised a charity show at Singgahsana Petaling Jaya on January, 7 and she was invited to perform. The charity dinner show was in aid of Yayasan Kebajikan Negara. Being a staff of KUB, I had the privilege of meeting her at her room with a few other staff and had the opportunity to chat with her. Of course we did not miss the chance to capture some photos with her.




Siti and Kak Natrah, the organiser

I guess after a while, the interest slowly fade away especially after her marriage and the way she covers herself now. But I still listen to her songs once in a while, buy her latest album and follow her on facebook. Today, I received an update in the facebook that she will be coming to Watson, Pavillion to promote her new cosmetic products, SimplySiti and since it is just next door, I went and bought two of her products and had the chance to say hello and took a photo with her. All the best Siti...


No comments:


Like TLG facebook @That Little Gerai in AU5