Tuesday, August 3, 2010

About Aaryz Daniel

It was Sunday morning 25th July 2010 when we received a message from Pak Teh saying his son, Aaryz is going to be admitted to SDMC due to breathing problem.....and he was on his way back from Jakarta. I said ok and noted of the situation.

Later in the afternoon, we were at Tok Lang's house in PJ having a family meeting when Ibu called Mak Teh and asked about Aaryz and the respond was fine and we didn't make the trip to SDMC, although it was already nearby. So we went home hoping that everything would be fine with Aaryz.

Aaryz, my nephew, is a lovely well mannered boy of 2.5 years old and we knew him as a boy sometimes having this breathing problem and he has this coarse and deep voice somehow.....and we thought it was a normal asthma. He used to be healthy but looked thinner of late ...but we accepted him for what he is. He's very friendly to people around him....different approach from the elder sister.

So, it was already midnite and my mind was preparing to sleep, thinking of work tomorrow...when suddenly phone started ringing...from Pak Teh, informing that Aaryz is in bad shape and needs to go into the operating theatre...he's worried and sad but not giving up. The communication was on a few rounds before we decided to jump out of bed and headed towards SDMC at 1:30 AM. The family was now aware of the serious situation and was making preparations to give them full moral support in facing this trying moments, a new experience...an uncharted territory. Pak Ngah was already on the way, while Pak Lang had to stay home because wife was outstation and had to look after Khadijah and parents in Krai are already thinking of driving down to KL first thing tomorrow morning. Thay arrived the next day and headed straight to the hospital to visit Aaryz.

The doctor found that Aaryz had an abnormal growth in his airway, just above the vocal cord, which was blocking air flow into the lung. The growth was so big that there is only a small hole (as thick as a match stick) of space for air to flow!!!! So Aaryz was actually struggling to breath, struggling to inhale..... and that's the reason for his asthmatic like symptom and the coarse voice.

So, we were at SDMC from 2:00 AM until 4:00 AM when the operation was successful and Aaryz was brought into ICU for monitoring! The doctor had to cut a hole in the throat and removed the growth....he had no voice and was breathing through plastic tubes. He developed some complications due to infection on the second day...so the situation was still tense and uncertain. Alhamdulillah, he continued to recover and the poor but brave little boy spent the whole week in the ICU.

He's stable now and is out of ICU into normal pediatric ward...still having tube attached to his throat...but at least he can enjoy his breathing better.Visitors came and go for the whole week, friends, relatives, colleagues and their neighbors showed great concern and gave huge support to the family. The hospital's staff and the doctors of course gave their best and their best saved the life of a young boy, of course with Allah's will.

It was very sad and scary but these are challenges that we have to face in life, challenges that will make us stronger, challenges that will bring us closer and challenges that will make us wiser. Bak & Dolly, hope you both will continue to remain strong for Aaryz.

To our dearest Aaryz Daniel ~ Wishing that each day brings your renewed strength, brighter times, and a healthier, happier you. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers, and we're all hoping that you will be enjoying better health again soon. may Allah swt grant you his blessings. We all love you, Aaryz...


Uncle said...

may arryz be strong...my doa for him!

DadaIQ said...

Thank you Uncle for your doa. It means a lot to him, I'm sure. He will be discharged tomorrow, insyaAllah. Please pray for his speedy recovery.

Like TLG facebook @That Little Gerai in AU5